About Dr. Lu
Dr. Lu is an Assistant Professor at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy and Research Associate at the Hollings Cancer Center located in Medical University of South Carolina. He received his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Health Services Research from the University of Maryland and Bachelor of Science degree from Peking University.
Dr. Lu’s current researches focus on study design and the application of quantitative analysis of big data, including pharmacoeconomics, pharmacoepidemiology, comparative effectiveness study, and drug safety evaluation techniques in pharmaceutical and health outcomes research. Dr. Lu is a member of International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) and International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE), faculty advisor for ISPOR-USC Student Chapter, vice president of the Chinese Association of Columbia, and also serves as a reviewer or judges for a number of journals or international conferences.
Doctor of Philosophy
University of Maryland
Bachelor of Science
- PHAR 748 Principles of PharmacoEconomics, PhD course (course coordinator)
- SCCP 780 Outcomes Design and Assessment, PharmD course
- PHAR 711B Seminar in Pharmacy Administration, PhD course
- PHAR 740 Socioeconomics of Pharmacy Practice, PhD course
- PHAR 741 Pharmaceutical Outcomes Database Management, PhD course (course coordinator)
- PHAR 742 Research Methods in Pharmaceutical and Health Outcomes Sciences, PhD course
- PharmacoEconomics & PharmacoEpidemiology
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes Research
- Big data Analysis
- Lu ZK, Chen B, Qureshi Z, Li M, Sartor OA, Bennett CL. Health Care Fraud: United States. The Encyclopedia of Pharmacology and Society. Sarah E. Boslaugh. ISBN-13: 978-1483350004; ISBN-10: 1483350002. 2015
- Lu Z, Murday A, Bennett C. "Cancer Screening and Prevention." Prevention Practice in Primary Care. S Sheinfeld Gorin. New York: Oxford University Press, ISBN-10: 0195373014. 2014
- Lu ZK, Yuan J., Li MH. “Research Design and Data Analysis.’ Pharmacoeconomics. Beijing: Capital Medical University Press. Nov. 2013;
- Lu ZK, Li M, Maxwell W, Schulz R. Implementation of the American Diabetes Association's Standards of Medical Care Post-Medicare Part D: The Case of Statin Utilization in the Elderly with Diabetes". Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2015 Aug 7. pii: S1551-7411(15)00155-2. doi: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2015.08.001.
- Lu ZK, Li M, McGee K, Phillips C, Yuan J, Sutton S, The Impact of Dementia on Anti-diabetic Drug Use in Medicare Beneficiaries with Diabetes: Findings post-Medicare Part D. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research. In press. May, 2016
- Li M, I Harris, Lu ZK (corresponding author). Differences in Proxy-reported and Patient-reported Outcomes: Assessing Health and Functional Status among Medicare Beneficiaries. BMC Medical Research Methodology. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2015 Aug 12;15:62. doi: 10.1186/s12874-015-0053-7.
- Lu ZK, Li M, Yuan J, Wu J. The Role of Cerebrovascular Disease and the Association between Diabetes Mellitus and Dementia among Aged Medicare Beneficiaries. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2015 Apr 21. doi: 10.1002/gps.4293.
- Lu ZK, Chen B, Qureshi Z, Sartor OA, Bennett CL. Health-Care Fraud and Abuse: Implications for Oncology. American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Post. 2015 March 25: 1, 97-98.
- Lu ZK, Yuan J, Li M, Sutton SS, Rao GA, Jacob S, Bennett CL. Cardiac Risks Associated with Antibiotics: Azithromycin and Levofloxacin. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2015 Feb;14(2):295-303. doi: 10.1517/14740338.2015.989210. Epub 2014 Dec 10.
- Lu ZK, Kessler, SJ, Schulz R, Bian J, Chen B, Wu J, Noxon V, Rao G, Leibnitz R, Restaino J, Fayad R, Jacob S, Georgantopoulos P, Sartor O, Yarnold PR, Huff D, Hrushesky WJM, Raisch DW, Ablin R, Bennett CL. Systemic approach to pharmacovigilance beyond the limits: The Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR) projects. Adv Pharmacoepidem Drug Safety 2014; 3:149. doi: 10.4172/2167-1052.1000149.
- Derrick C, Lu ZK et al. Safety and Tolerability of Stribild® in the Southeast United States. Journal of the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care. In press. 2016
- Felder T, Lu ZK et al. Racial differences in receipt of adjuvant hormonal therapy among Medicaid enrollees in South Carolina diagnosed with breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. in press. 2016.
- Wu J, Lu ZK. Impact of depression on health and medical care utilization and expenses in US adults with migraine: a retrospective cross sectional study. Headache. Impress. 2016
- Wu J, Noxon V, Lu ZK, Patterns of use and health expenses associated with triptans among adults with migraines. Clin J Pain. 2015 Aug;31(8):673-9. doi: 10.1097/AJP.0000000000000152.
- Wu J., Lu ZK, Hormone Therapy Adherence and Costs in Women with Breast Cancer. The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits 2013; Vol 5 (2): 65-70.
- Bennett CL, Chen B, Wyatt M, Schulz R. Kessler S, Raisch D, Qureshi Z, Lu K, Love B, Norris L, Georganopoulos P, Noxon , Bobbett L, Armitage M, Qian CN, Leibnitz R, DO PR 1,11, Ablin R, Restaino J, Hrushesky W, Macdougall L, Sartor OA, Armitage JO. Regulatory and clinical considerations for biosimilar oncology drugs. Lancet Oncol. 2014 Dec;15(13):e594-e605. doi: 11.1016/S1470-2045(14)70365-1. Epub 2014 Nov 24.