About Dr. Fabel
Patricia Fabel is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy in the Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences (CPOS) Department. She received her PharmD from the University of Rhode Island and completed a community pharmacy practice residency at the University of Georgia College of Pharmacy and Kroger Pharmacy. Currently she serves as the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Lead for the Columbia West District of Walgreens Pharmacy. Patti has published articles in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education on MTM and pharmacy advocacy.
She has also written book chapters on vaccines, GI disorders, and managing insect bites and stings. She has given several presentations on immunizations, MTM, and self-care related topics. Her research interests involve conducting MTM in community pharmacy settings and preparing pharmacy students for MTM services. In 2013 Patti received the CPOS Excellence in Teaching Award for her work with Dr. Kristy Brittain in the Self Care and Complementary Medicines course. Patti is on the Board of Directors for the South Carolina Pharmacy Association, currently serving as the Midlands Region Director. She is also actively involved in the American Pharmacist Association, serving on committees and as a delegate in previous years.
Doctor of Pharmacy
University of Rhode Island, SCCP 2006
Community Pharmacy Practice Residency 2006-2007
University of Georgia and Kroger Pharmacy
- Medication Therapy Management
- Pharmacist-provided Immunizations
- Complementary and alternative medicines
- Development and implementation of community pharmacy services
MTM Lead for Columbia-West District of Walgreens Pharmacy
- Buff W, Powell PH. Insect Bites and Stings and Pediculosis. In: Beraldi R, et al. Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs An Interactive Approach to Self-Care, 17th edition. Washington DC, APhA, 2012.
- Blake EW, Powell PH. A pharmacy political advocacy elective course. Am J Pharm Educ, 2011;75(7) Article 137.
- Powell PH, Flemming VH. Diarrhea, Constipation, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In: Dipiro JT, et al. Pharmacotherapy A Pathophysiologic Approach, 8th edition. New York, McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Powell PH, Kuhn CH. Vaccines and Immunizations. In: Sutton S. NAPLEX Review Guide. New York, McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Kuhn CH, Powell PH, Sterrett JJ. Elective course on medication therapy management services. Am J Pharm Educ. 2010;74(3) Article 40.
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist 2008-present
- Registered Pharmacist State of South Carolina 2007-present
- Registered Pharmacist State of Georgia 2006-present