Celeste R. Caulder, PharmD
Associate Professor :: International Director of Global Opportunity in Pharmacy
CPOS, South Carolina College of Pharmacy
803.777.4370 :: Columbia
803.434.2925 :: Palmetto Health Richland
About Dr. Caulder
Dr. Caulder is an Associate Professor at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences and a Clinical Pharmacist at Palmetto Health Richland who specializes in Medicine and Infectious Diseases. She was named the 2013 recipient of the Kappa Epsilon Merck Vanguard Leadership Award, which recognizes individuals for their accomplishments as a leader, encourages professional achievement among members and provides visibility as successful role models for young practitioners. Along with numerous publications (see link to full vita), Dr. Caulder also has a textbook published by McGraw Hill, Roadmap to Postgraduate Training.
- Infectious Diseases and HIV/AIDS
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Antimicrobial dosing in obesity
- Gram-positive and gram-negative infections
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine, Palmetto Health Richland
Doctor of Pharmacy
University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill) 2004
Infectious Diseases Specialty Residency, 2005-2006
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Pharmacy Practice Residency, 2004-2005
University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA
- Bosso JA, Nappi J, Rudisill C, Weillen M, Bookstaver B, Swindler J et al. Relationship between vancomycin trough concentrations and and nephrotoxicity: a prospective multicenter trial. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:5475-9.
- Varner T, Bookstaver B, Rudisill C, Albrecht H. The role of rifampin-based combination therapy for severe community-acquired Legionella pneumophila pneumonia. Ann Pharmacother. 2011;45:967-76.
- Bookstaver PB, Rudisill C, Bickley A, McAbee C, Miller A, Piro C et al. An evidence-medicine based elective course to improve student performance in advance pharmacy practice experiences. Am J Pharm Educ. 2011;75(1):9.
- Bookstaver PB, Miller A, Rudisill C, Norris L. Intravenous ibuprofen: the first injectable product for treatment of pain and fever. J Pain Res. 2010;25:67-79.
- Le J, Bookstaver PB, Rudisill CN, Hashem MG, Iqbal R, James CL et al. Treatment of meningitis caused by vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium: high-dose combination daptomycin therapy. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:2001-6.
- Miller AD, Piro CC, Rudisill CN, Bookstaver PB, Bair JD, Bennet CL. Nighttime and weekend medication error rates in an inpatient pediatric population. Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44:1739-46.
- Riser MS, Bland CM, Rudisill CN, Bookstaver PB. Cerebrospinal fluid penetration of high-dose daptomycin in suspected Staphylococus aureus meningitis. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:1832-5.