CPOS Faculty Scholarly Awards
Congratulations to the following CPOS faculty and students who were recently (2014-current) presented with teaching, research, and scholarly awards:
- Justo Named Palmetto Health Preceptor of the Year 2014-15
Congratulations to Julie Justo for being awarded the Preceptor of the Year Award for the 2014-15 Pharmacy Residency (PGY1) Class at Palmetto Health. The award was presented the week of July 1 during the Resident's graduation dinner. During the presentation, students thanked Dr. Justo for "being a phenomenal practitioner, but more importantly for showing us what it means to believe in ourselves and our abilities to act as an advocate for the patients we serve." They also identified that she had devoted a significant amount of time to help them with projects, presentations, random clinical questions, and "has set an exceptional example as a clinician for our class."
- Brie Dunn Named 2015 USC Provost's Clinical Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to Brie Dunn, who was honored as the recipient of the 2015 USC Provost's Clinical Teaching Award during the 2015 Faculty Awards Ceremony on April 29. This university-wide award is given to a clinical faculty member at USC who excels in teaching in their respective discipline. Dunn is the fifth straight SCCP faculty member to win the award, following LeAnn Norris (2014), Scott Sutton (2013), Brandon Bookstaver (2012), and Betsy Blake (2011).
- Patti Fabel New SCCP Community Residency Program Director, Medicine Mart
Congratulations to Patti Fabel who will be transitioning her clinical practice site from Walgreens Pharmacy to Medicine Mart beginning this summer. In addition, Patti will now be serving as the Residency Program Director for the SCCP community residency positions at Medicine Mart and Barney's Pharmacy in Augusta. This is an excellent opportunity for Patti, and we are excited about the future of this position.
- Bob Davis Named PLS Alumni of the Year
Bob Davis, Kennedy Pharmacy Innovation Center Professor, a Fellow and past President of the American Pharmacists Association, and past President of the South Carolina Pharmacy Association, was named 2015 Phi Lambda Sigma (PLS) Alumni of the Year.
- Amy Yanicak/Brie Dunn Named Recipients of 2015 AACP Walmart Scholars Program
Congratulations to Amy Yanicak, SCCP USC campus (and her advisor Brie Dunn) who were among those named recipients for the 2015 AACP Walmart Scholars Program (out of the 85 student/faculty teams).
- Christina Cox and Jean Nappi Named Co-Winners of the SCSHP Schwerin Mentor Award
Congratulations to Christina Cox, CPOS clinical assistant professor, who along with Jean Nappi (clinical professor, SCCP-Charleston campus) were named co-winners of the 2015 George D. Schwerin Mentor Award during the 2015 South Carolina Society of Health-System Pharmacists SCSHP Annual Meeting, held March 15-17 at Hilton Head Marriott Resort. The Schwerin Award honors an individual in recognition of contributions to the professional community by inspiring, growing, educating and challenging the pharmacists of the future.
- Brie Dunn Named 2014 New Educator of the Year by the American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Congratulations to Brie Dunn who received the prestigious “2014 ACCP New Educator of the Year” award during the ACCP Annual Meeting in Austin Texas in October 2014.
- Bookstaver Named 2014 Outstanding
Congratulations to Brandon Bookstaver for being named USC’s 2014 Outstanding Young Alumnus. As part of the award, Brandon was featured in a video tape, was invited to dinner with USC President Dr. Harris Pastides, and was acknowledged in front of thousands of fans on the football field (see picture below) during halftime at the USC homecoming game on Saturday, October 18.
- LeAnn Norris Receives Provost’s Clinical Teaching Award
LeAnn Norris was recently named the recipient of the 2014 University of South Carolina (USC) Provost’s Clinical Teaching Award. This university-wide award is given to a clinical faculty member at USC who excels in teaching in their respective discipline. Norris is the fourth straight SCCP faculty member to win the award, following Scott Sutton (2013), Brandon Bookstaver (2012) and Betsy Blake (2011). Norris was honored at the 2014 Faculty Awards Ceremony on April 30, 2014.
- Bookstaver Receives Dick Schwerin Mentor Award at SCSHP 2014 Meeting Congratulations to Brandon Bookstaver who received both the Dick Schwerin Mentor Award and the President’s Award from the SC Society of Health-System Pharmacists (SCSHP) during the annual meeting in Hilton Head on March 7-9, 2014. Brandon was also recognized as the outgoing president of SCSHP, as was Amy Grant as the outgoing secretary. Christina Cox was recognized as the continuing Co-Chair of Trainee Development for SCSHP.
- Bob Davis Named Distinguished Alumni, Beta Chi Chapter, Phi Lambda Sigma
Congratulations to Bob Davis, Kennedy Pharmacy Innovation Center, who was named 2014 Distinguished Alumni Member of the Year by the Beta Chi Chapter of Phi Lambda Sigma.
- CPOS Faculty Among Those Named Teachers of the Year
Congratulations to Brie Dunn (USC P2) and LeAnn Norris (USC P3) who were among several SCCP faculty/SC preceptors named as “Teachers/Professors of the Year” by the APPE during its P3 Banquet on April 10, 2014. LeAnn was also one of two faculty (along with Lorne Hofseth) named “Overall Teachers/Professors of the Year.”