About Dr. Love
Dr. Love is a Clinical Associate Professor at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy (SCCP) in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences (CPOS) at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy. Dr. Love is also a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist specializing in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. At SCCP, Dr. Love teaches in several didactic courses in Adult Medicine & Gastroenterology-Hepatology. Both pharmacy students and medical residents have recognized him for his excellence in teaching. He was the 2013 recipient of the CPOS Department Excellence in Scholarship Award.
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy
University of South Carolina COP, 1996
Doctor of Pharmacy
University of South Carolina COP, 1997
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency
The University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 1998
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2000
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
- Viral hepatitis
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Food allergy
- Antibiotics Received in the First Year of Live and Odds of Food Allergy in Children. Funded - $94,934. 2012 - 2013. HRSA. Love B, Mann J, Hardin J, Amrol D. (PI)
- Adherence & Persistence to 5-ASA Treatment in Ulcerative Colitis. Funded - $14,680. 2011-2013. USC Office of Research. Love BL, Schulz R, Hardin J. (PI)
- Prevalence and Treatment Outcomes in African American Veterans with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection. Funded - $55,537. 2011- 2013. Bristol-Myers Scquibb. Love B, Sutton SS, Hardin J. (PI)
- Mohammad RA, Bulloch MN, Chan J, Deming P, Love BL, Smith S, Dong BJ. Provision of Clinical Pharmacist Services For Individuals With Chronic Hepatitis C Viral (HCV) Infection: Joint Opinion of the GI/Liver/Nutrition and Infectious Diseases Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2014;34(12):1341-54.
- Love BL, Johnson A, Smith LS. Linaclotide: A Novel Agent for Chronic Constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2014;71(13):1081-91.
- Love BL, Miller AD. Extended-Release Mesalamine Granules for Ulcerative Colitis. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2012;46(11):1529-36.
- Love BL, Siddiqui S, McCallum BJ, Helman RM. Severe Chemical Colitis due to Hydrogen Peroxide Enema. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 2012;46(1):87-8.
- Love BL, Smith LS, Sarbah SA, Fowler FC. Azathioprine and Infliximab: Monotherapy or Combination therapy in the Treatment of Crohn's Disease. Clinical Medicine Insights: Gastroenterology 2011;4:21-30.
- Love BL, Meade LT. Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders. In: Sutton SS, editor. NAPLEX Review Guide. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2010.
- Love BL, Barrons R, Veverka A, Snider KM. Urate lowering therapy for Gout: A Focus on Febuxostat. Pharmacotherapy 2010;30(6):594-608.
- A New Era of Treatment for Hepatitis C: A Primer for Pharmacists, Smith Drug Continuing Education Conference, Savannah, GA, July 2015.
- Updates in Infectious Diseases – 2015, Evidence-Based Drug Therapy Update, Charleston, SC, May 2015.
- Therapeutic Management of Adverse Drug Events and Drug-Drug Interactions in Hepatitis C Infection. ACCP Annual Meeting, Austin, TX, October 2014.
- Evidence-Based Drug Therapy: Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C in 2014, Evidence-Based Drug Therapy Update, Charleston, SC, May 2014.
- Serious adverse drug reactions related to boceprevir: Analysis of Food and Drug Administration Reported Events. The Liver Meeting, Washington, DC, November 2013.
- Antibiotic Exposure and Odds of Food Allergy in Young Children. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Albuquerque, NM, October 2013.
- ABC’s of Crohn’s Disease, South Carolina Pharmacy Association Annual Meeting, Hilton Head, SC, June 2013.
- Managing Hepatitis C to Maximize Patient Outcomes, South Carolina Pharmacy Association CE Escape, Hilton Head, SC, December 2011.