There has never been a more exciting and rewarding time to consider pharmacy as your profession.
The Gallop Poll has listed pharmacists at or near the top of the "most trusted professionals" for over 22 years. Why? Because pharmacists are a leading source of healthcare information and education for the public, with many forging relationships with their patients that last a lifetime. And the demand for pharmaceutical services is expanding dramatically.
Building on traditions and foundations of excellence, the South Carolina College of Pharmacy is a first-class institution of learning, patient care, and research. Our pharmacy program offers:
- The opportunity to earn a combined PharmD/MBA or PharmD/PhD degree
- Residency programs recognized as the best in the country
- Nationally-recognized faculty and outstanding research programs (Top 25 in NIH funding)
- Specialized tracks in nuclear pharmacy, community pharmacy and pre-residency
- Opportunities to experience multiple specialty areas (oncology, infectious diseases, family medicine, geriatrics, critical care and pediatrics)
- Extensive elective courses topics such as drug interactions, political advocacy, health-systems pharmacy policy and practice, community pharmacy practice, alternative medicine and many more
- Extensive opportunities for involvement in student organizations and leadership
- More than 120 years’ experience educating pharmacists
- Partnership with major academic medical centers with acclaimed programs (Medical University of South Carolina, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Palmetto Health)
- Excellent state-wide practice experience sites
- Every lecture is videotaped and available online review.
- A flagship university with colleges of business, public health and NCAA Division I athletics
We offer expanded pharmacy education and service throughout the state, provide national leadership in pharmacy education, and conduct pioneering research that leads to new or improved treatments for common diseases.
Our degrees – Doctor of Pharmacy, Ph.D., Masters, and MBA/Pharm.D. – provide our students with the tools, insight and experience necessary to succeed and make a difference in society.
In the Oath of a Pharmacist there is a statement: "I will embrace and advocate change in the profession of pharmacy that improves patient care." At the South Carolina College of Pharmacy we are committed to be leaders in improving patient care.